Updated: Jan. 7, 2017
CLICK HERE to view the Slides for Unit 2.
This unit, we will target the following Priority Standards:
- A.SSE.2 – Recognize polynomials in different forms
- Standard form for 3rd order + polynomials
- Vertex form for quadratic polynomials
- A.SSE.3 – Choose and produce equivalent forms to reveal graphical features
- Factor to reveal zeros
- Complete the square to create vertex form to reveal minimums.
- F.IF.7a & c – Graph polynomial functions (of different powers) and show key features.
- Focus on zeros (by hand if factorable, using technology if not).
- Extrema (max/min) and identifying end behavior.
- F.IF.8a – Write functions in different forms to reveal and explain different properties of the function.
- Use factoring, completing the square and quadratic function to show zeros, extreme values, and symmetry of the graph and interpret these in terms of context.
- A.APR.6 – Polynomial Division using factoring, and long division (and synthetic division?)
- Using a graph to determine the roots and factor a polynomial into several root functions.
- A.APR.5 (Bonus Standard) Binomial Theorem for expanding binomials to the nth power.